Kind of an apt title as this blog has been sorely neglected as of late. Here's a taste of what's been going on in our lives since May 14.
- We went to Banff and Canmore for the May long weekend. Ryan was actually on days off so we thought we'd sneak away for a night. We went to Calgary, did some shopping, and then proceeded on to Banff. It was off-season so we got a great rate on a perfect room in a nice hotel. We walked around the town site and that night we took Ty to Banff Hot Springs. It was so fabulous; I'm so glad we went! The next day we walked around a bit more, then headed to Canmore. We walked around Canmore, had lunch, then came home. The next day we had friends over for a BBQ, and then the weekend was pretty much over.
- I've been working a bit more and I'm quite enjoying it. It's funny how when you feel like you have to do it, it's a drag, but when it's up to you and you can set your days, you look forward to it. Up until now I've been juggling the days that I'll accept for work around Ryan's schedule, but work's picking up for him now so I actually found a dayhome for Ty to go to on a casual basis. I put an ad on kijiji and a woman who has a dayhome in our subdivision responded. She only has part-time kids coming and so she was willing to take Ty on a casual basis. She runs it like a business, complete with a contract outlining her rules and expectations for the children in her care, and I feel fortunate to have found her. Ty is scheduled to go there one day next week and then three days towards the end of June. Hopefully it all works out.
- We have also found a teenaged babysitter for when we want to have a date night. I also found her on kijiji, and when she came for the interview, her mom came also, which I liked because it showed that her mom cared and didn't want her daughter going just anywhere. We had her come once so Ryan and I could go out for his birthday and I think everything went all right. We'll be getting her again.
- Our house is still for sale. Ugh. It's been on the market for almost five months (in addition to the 3.5 months last year). The problem with our house is that in addition to the double attached garage, we also have a double detached garage in the back. Obviously, this makes our backyard seem smaller because the garage takes up a fair amount of room. So the feedback we always get from viewings is that people love the house but the backyard is too small. I really wish people would drive by our house before the showing because then I wouldn't waste my time cleaning the house only to hear my yard is too small. We just need the right buyer who doesn't want a lot of yard care and who really does need two garages no matter what.
- My mom is coming on Wednesday and I'm very excited for her visit. The last time I saw her was at Easter, and of course that trip was kind of ruined by the sickness that overtook the house. Ty and I will be picking her up in Calgary, and then we're heading down to Medicine Hat to visit some family friends. We'll stay overnight and then come back to Red Deer. We're also going to go to Edmonton for a day. She'll be here for eight days but I think we'll be so busy that the time will fly by.
2 comments:
I've totally been missing your blog. Great update, sounds like things are going swimmingly.
You really have been keeping pretty busy so we'll excuse your "Blg Neglect". I love reading your news and seeing pictures of Ty.....where are some new ones?? Looking forward to seeing you and Ty and Grauntie on Wed......I am afraid I won't recognize her!! Take care all......
Post a Comment