On Friday, in an attempt to beat the heat I decided to go to Edmonton for the day. I thought I'd rather spend 3 hours driving round-trip than 3 hours in my oven ~ I mean house! My first stop in Edmonton was Motherhood Maternity (we don't have one in RD), and I was just paying for my clothes when I noticed the people behind me. I thought they looked familiar, and at that moment the one girl called out to her daughter, Adia. That's when I knew it was Angie & Christy Hay. I lived on the same floor as Christy when I went to UBC from '92 to '95 and haven't seen her since then, and Angie, her younger sister, is friends with Lana, my younger sister. I haven't seen Angie since Lana & Dave's wedding 4 years ago. Christy lives in Vancouver and Angie lives in Victoria and they happened to be in Edmonton visiting their mom. Well, that little reunion absolutely made my day! I then proceeded to shop for Baby Boy Robinson at The Children's Place and Old Navy, then I made my way to Thyme, and finally, I went to Joey's to meet Megan for lunch. Megan brought her twin sister Shannon, and I haven't seen Shannon in I don't know how long, and those two together are soooo funny that, again, it made my day! I was laughing so hard that it's a good thing I didn't choke (or my pregnancy bladder didn't let loose but that's another story). After lunch the three of us did a little more shopping, then I made my way back to Red Hot Deer. Needless to say, in the end I'm so very glad that it was hot enough here that I had to escape! But now? It can drop about 10 degrees, then I'd have more perfect days!
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment