Yesterday Ryan and I took Ty for his 4-month shots and his 4-month weigh-in. The good news is we can use our infant car seat a little longer. The bad news? Well, there really isn't any bad news, but Ty continues to pack on the pounds. He now weighs 19 pounds and is 27 inches long! The nurse said to me that I must have really great milk. I replied, borrowing a line from Karen, "Oh, no, I'm making whipping cream!" She laughed. And like my doctor, she reassured me that no, you can't over breastfeed a baby. She said if he was on formula she'd be asking me a few more questions and be a little more concerned but as it stands, he's just a big boy. He's in the 90th percentile for height and the 95th for weight. I told her I was glad he wasn't 95th for weight and 50th for height, and she said they do see lots of babies like that. Back to the business at hand: the shots. He had three yesterday, and Daddy held Ty while Mommy stood with her nose in the corner. Ty did cry, hard, but it was short-lived and we were really proud of our brave little soldier.
After Ty's shots, I took him to the local rec centre to register him in swimming lessons! Ty will be going in the Starfish class in July. I chose to go every morning for one week instead of once a week for eight weeks. He loves his bath and I think he'll really enjoy the pool.
And remember Ty's rolling? As it turns out, that was a one-day Wednesday wonder. He hasn't done it since. I think he thinks he met that milestone and he doesn't have to do it again. Kids!
And here's some pictures of our weekend project: laying the laminate and tile. Ryan's ripped the baseboards off and last night he pulled up the carpet. I'm dreading the next week but am really looking forward to all the weeks after that!
1 comment:
Looks like fun. I should be glad that our reno is not in our main living space, eh?
I think that Ty is bigger than Susannah!!
Post a Comment