
This afternoon Ryan and I went to see Walk the Line, the story of Johnny Cash's rise to fame. It is an amazing movie! Joaquin Phoenix's portrayal of Johnny Cash is Oscar-worthy, and Reese Witherspoon is superb as June Carter Cash. Even though I wasn't a Johnny Cash fan and the only song of his I knew was Ring of Fire on my Dad's 8 track from the days of "Let's drive straight from Penticton to Regina in one day (16 hours straight)", I loved this movie! At times I was spellbound by how much like Johnny Cash Joaquin Phoenix was. Plus, Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon took voice lessons and sang all the songs themselves with no dubbing which makes their performances even more remarkable. Run, don't walk, to the theatre!
1 comment:
Now that I am officially done report cards and my UBC course I can join the land of the living and see this movie!
I have wanted to see it ever since I saw the preview in a theatre months ago. I LOVE Joaquin (not much of a Reese fan) but she also learned how to actually play that instrument June played (forget the name right now)
Hopefully I can get Dave to go with me!
Post a Comment