Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Seven Random Facts About Me

Yesterday Angella tagged me to do seven random facts about myself. You're supposed to post the facts, then tag seven other bloggers to do the same. I, however, do not have seven friends who blog so I invite anyone who reads this to post seven random facts about themselves on their blog, but I will send a special invitation to do this to Karen, Carla, and Meng.
  1. I have never received a speeding ticket in my life; however, yesterday a photo radar ticket did come to the house in my name. Why was it in my name? Because as the primary driver, the Envoy is registered to me. Was I driving the Envoy at the time it was found to be speeding? Let me share. I open the envelope, realize that I've received an $85 photo radar ticket, and try to remember the circumstances of driving 43 km/h in a 30 zone, a playground zone. I'm normally very conscious about my speed in school/playground zones. Fortunately, along with the ticket there are two black and white grainy photos of the back of the Envoy, one close up and one a little further away. And you know what? You can just make out that the driver is wearing a ball cap. That's when I knew my streak of not receiving a speeding ticket in 16 years wasn't broken yet! What was Ryan's reaction? Realizing he was the responsible driver, he said, That's the one day you were wearing a hat, I just know it!
  2. I have a one child policy, you know, kind of like China. I have only ever imagined myself having one child. Ryan, on the other hand, has a two child policy for us. Maybe I'll love being a mom so much I'll want another, but I can hardly even believe I'll be 33 when my first is born and I don't want to have two kids in the span of precisely one year like my sister-in-law did, so I'm thinking my policy may win out over Ryan's!
  3. I eat pickles daily, at some point between 3 and 5 pm, as long as I'm home. And I don't just eat one or two. I eat about five. I go through at least one jar a week, and I recently ate a Costco-sized jar in three weeks. And yet I claim to have no pregnancy symptoms...
  4. I have a secret recipe. It's for pumpkin loaf, and it's scrumptious, and I won't share the recipe. It's the only recipe I have that I won't give out.
  5. I have never tried smoking in my life, not even one drag. I want to be able to die saying I never tried smoking. And you can lump illegal drugs into that category too. However, when my doctor asked if I wanted a natural childbirth, I told him, Oh, no, Dr. B., I'm all about the drugs. Go figure.
  6. I never leave the house without my wedding rings on. Once I was halfway to work and realized I forgot to put them on and I turned around and drove home to get them. On the other hand, I often don't wear them around the house. I wash my hands so often and I don't want terry towel getting in the claws so I don't wear them. I'm hoping that my fingers don't swell so much later in pregnancy that I can't wear them but I'm not holding my breath.
  7. I had never put gas in my vehicle myself until well after I moved to Red Deer when I was 26. I always, always went to full-serve stations. Do you know how hard it is to find full-serve in Vancouver after 10 at night? Hard. One time I needed gas en route to Edmonton, and although there was a gas station just off the highway that I could have gone to, it was self-serve, so I drove all the way into Wetaskiwin, which in case you don't know, isn't exactly just off Highway 2. I finally had to give in when the gas station near my apartment in Red Deer went from full-serve to self-serve and I desperately needed gas. Now I never go to full-serve, which is a good thing because self-serve in Red Deer is now 121.4. 121.4!!! We pull it out of the flippin' ground right here; it practically doesn't even need to go to a refinery! But that's another story. And I shouldn't lie ~ whenever I'm low on gas and Ryan's driving, I tell him we need gas so that he'll pump it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list!! Matthew's Mom is 50 and she's never pumped her own gas :)

karen said...

Travis' mom doesn't pump her own gas either. I wish!

Love the list!