Do you think it's a bad sign that this morning when I got up after getting only 6 hours of sleep I looked at the girls and thought, I don't really feel like feeding you today? (don't worry, I still fed them ~ we don't have starving cats walking around, as you can see by looking at Sam!)
The good sign? I recognize this is a problem. The other bad sign? This recognition isn't going to help me very much in October.
That little story also brings me to a conversation Ryan and I had last week. He's been up in Hinton working, and the locations up there are really far from Hinton so they have to get up really early. The other day it was a 3 am wakeup call, another day, 4 am. He said when he had to get up at 4, he hit the snooze button twice. I told him the bad news was there were no snooze buttons on babies. He said yeah, but that's different. I said yeah, it is. Instead of doing that for one day, it goes on for day after day after day...
5 comments:
As you've seen from my many pictures of them, you know I love my kitties. But! I will warn you, I once found I had let their water bowl go bone dry. Also, photos of Chimpy outnumber photos of the kitties easily 40 to 1 (and that's counting pictures where Tallulah and Jing Jing are in the background begging for attention).
... and month after month... and year after year... :) But it is all worth it, right?
and, if you are breastfeeding, who do you think will remain peacefully asleep???? been there, done that, dudley
It is so worth it! And this fantastic mommy gene kicks in and you get through those sleepless nights with energy to spare and the cats find extra bits of food under the stove and they drink water from the bathtub faucet. It's all good. ~Kristen
And read Kristen's comment, Lisa, as one coming from a woman who used to value her eight to ten hours every night. You discover depths, wells of love and energy you never knew you had.
Post a Comment