Saturday, June 02, 2007

Three More Sleeps...

until what, you ask? Why, it's the ultrasound on Tuesday that will let us (hopefully) know if we're having a boy or a girl. For the longest time I thought we were having a boy, just because there seems to be a predominance of boys on Ryan's side of the family. However, a couple of weeks ago I had this incredibly vivid dream two nights in a row where the sonographer told us we were having a girl. The first night, I was so shocked in my dream that I demanded the sonographer justify her reasoning for telling us we were having a girl. The next night in my dream I was accepting of this information. So now I don't know (although take note of the colour of this post!)
And I know most couples don't find out the gender of their baby, but I CANNOT WAIT!! I don't know how people can wait that long when at 18 to 20 weeks, the information is available to them if they want it. I know Lana and Dave didn't find out, and if it wasn't for me, Ryan would wait, but I'm way too impatient. Somebody said to me that this is one of the only surprises in life, waiting until birth for the doctor to tell you. I replied that this whole pregnancy is a surprise (in a very, very good way, mind you) and I don't really want any more surprises.
Any guesses on what we're having?
And when the baby does arrive, this is their "new" swing. I say "new" because I got it at a consignment store for only $60 and it's basically brand new and you can't tell it's been used. I brought it home, used Fantastik on the base, removed the seat cover and washed it to freshen it up, and now it's as good as new! It has the mobile, 6 speeds, 15 music/nature sounds, and has four position recline. It's my first bigger baby purchase, and it's funny because Lana told me how when her friend was expecting and the nursery was all ready, she would just go and sit in the nursery. I can totally see that. I wiped down the swing with tender-loving care, and every day I go in and look at it, turn it on, and dream of October...



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to hear what it is! And I've got more baby crap if you need it (bouncy chair?)

:)

karen said...

ok. I say girl, but I don't know why. :)

Anonymous said...

Are the little bears in the swing wearing blue shirts??

I'm not saying I think you're having a boy, because every King and Queen should have a little princess also. It doesn't really matter, you guess are blessed either way.

Anonymous said...

Do you really think that baby will ever be in the swing and not being cuddled!?!? We are really enjoying our little Peter and our big Sarah, Ben and Makenna! THey grow so fast!