Sunday, September 16, 2007

Epidural, Please...

On Tuesday night Ryan and I are going to Better Beginnings at the Red Deer Regional Hospital, the pre-admission clinic for maternity patients. Yesterday one of the clerks from the program phoned to get some information from me, like my doctor's name, due date, allergies, dietary needs, etc. Then she asked me if I had any special requests/concerns.
"Yes. I would like the anesthesiologist to meet me at the door with an epidural. I'm not a hero, I know my pain limitations, and I don't even really care about having a sterile field while I'm getting the epidural." I kid you not, this was my verbatim response.
She laughed, then said, "Okay, I'll put down definitely wants an epidural."
Anyone pity Ryan yet? Because you probably should...
On another note, I don't look at my blog unless I'm posting, and since I haven't posted in a few days I wasn't aware that I no longer had a template. Because I don't feel like fiddling with it, I just chose a generic template, and in the process, I've updated my links list. The arrival of Sophie has meant that Dave's posted updates twice in a week! That's more than in the past year. Whoa, slow down, Dave :) Now because I said that, he probably won't post again until her 1st birthday party...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I will make sure Dave updates more often... or else he will have to teach me how to do it!! Now he has a good reason to update the blog. I guess Riley just wasn't as exciting to blog about!!

Elizabeth said...

The template thing was annoying, eh? I wonder what happened with blogger. I'm in the same boat. I really like the one you picked, though.
Good for you for not being intimidated to ask for what you want. I think that you will be surprised what you can handle, though... not saying you should change your mind, just that you are one strong woman when push comes to... (haha bad phrasing), umm when it comes to it.

karen said...

Lisa, you're funny! :)

But you will do great in delivery no matter what happens. I hear epidurals are pretty great though - one downside of quick labours -- I had no time!