Yesterday I had my 36-week checkup, and everything looks good. The last time I went (two weeks ago) I went at 2 o'clock but hadn't had lunch yet so the baby's heart rate was on the low side of normal at 116 bpm, and I wanted to avoid that from happening again because that was the lowest it's ever been. So this time before I went I drank orange juice, and then I was still thirsty and we didn't have any cold bottled water in the fridge so I drank Gatorade, which is pretty much pure sugar. Let's just say that when my doctor put the doppler on my belly I said, "I think he's having a heart attack." Yeah, the heart rate was 157 bpm, 41 bpm higher than last time! It just goes to show you that what you ingest is what the baby ingests. Other than that bit of excitement, the baby hasn't dropped yet, and my doctor could feel a leg, his shoulders, and the head. And now I'm down to weekly appointments ~ hard to believe ~ and Saturday is our prenatal class. Time sure has flown by...Wednesday, September 26, 2007
36 Weeks & Counting...
Yesterday I had my 36-week checkup, and everything looks good. The last time I went (two weeks ago) I went at 2 o'clock but hadn't had lunch yet so the baby's heart rate was on the low side of normal at 116 bpm, and I wanted to avoid that from happening again because that was the lowest it's ever been. So this time before I went I drank orange juice, and then I was still thirsty and we didn't have any cold bottled water in the fridge so I drank Gatorade, which is pretty much pure sugar. Let's just say that when my doctor put the doppler on my belly I said, "I think he's having a heart attack." Yeah, the heart rate was 157 bpm, 41 bpm higher than last time! It just goes to show you that what you ingest is what the baby ingests. Other than that bit of excitement, the baby hasn't dropped yet, and my doctor could feel a leg, his shoulders, and the head. And now I'm down to weekly appointments ~ hard to believe ~ and Saturday is our prenatal class. Time sure has flown by...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You look great, Lisa. Aw! The poor thing, I know how he feels. My brother bought me a Red Bull and vodka once, I had one sip then threw it out. Even with that one sip my hands were shaking and my heart was pounding. I don't do caffeine well.
You look wonderful! I can't wait to hear all about your journey into mommyhood. Down to the last weeks- YAY!
Post a Comment