
Today Ty is 2 months old. And how did he celebrate the milestone? By sleeping ~ a lot. Last night he slept for 9 straight hours, woke up at 6:30 this morning to eat, then went right back down until 10:30! That's basically 13 hours of sleep! While I don't expect this every night, I do believe he's capable of going 8 to 9 hours straight without waking up because when he does wake up at about 3:30, 4 in the morning, he only nurses for about 5 minutes then dozes off again until morning. And I'm now putting him down drowsy, not sleeping, as the "experts" say, and it's working. Before we'd put him down sleeping and as soon as we laid him in his crib, he'd wake up, and we'd have to start the process all over again. The other night when this went on for 2 hours, I said enough is enough. I never thought putting him to bed drowsy would work but it does. He'll fuss for a few minutes but then settles himself. It's made bedtime much easier to manage. And he's starting to smile a lot more so that makes all of this hard work very rewarding!
1 comment:
What a little peanut. Yay for sleep!
Post a Comment