Thursday, January 17, 2008

What A Week

I noticed today that it's been over a week since I posted last, but I have a good excuse: I was so sick with a cold/flu, and of course, because I'm nursing, I couldn't take anything. Let's just say I now know why people get the flu shot.
Speaking of shots, Ty had his first go-round yesterday and he did very well. First he was weighed and measured, and he's now a whopping 14 pounds, 2 ounces, a full 6 pound weight gain since birth! He measured 24 inches long, up from 20 7/8 at birth. It's no wonder his clothes don't fit him! As for his shots, I left the room and Ryan held him as the nurse jabbed him three times. I came back in as soon as they were over and he wasn't crying or screaming, but last night he was fussy. Of course he was also getting a bit of my cold so that didn't help.
Because I was really sick, I missed the first session of Strollercize but I did make it there today. It was okay ~ nothing spectacular. Another girl in the class asked how old Ty was. When I told her 2 months, she said with surprise in her voice, Just 2 months? Yeah, I know, I have a big baby, I said with a sigh.
And finally, WestJet announced another seat sale, and once again, I took advantage. Ty and I are flying to Penticton for six days in April while Ryan's at the Trican hockey tournament. Needless to say, I'm hoping flying solo with Ty in February is a success seeing as we're going to do a repeat performance two months later. I wonder how big of a baby I'll be lugging around the airport then????

3 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

Wow! He's growing like a weed. You must be serving up some good stuff, Lisa.

karen said...

Yay! can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

You will manage Lisa.....when I was coming back from Regina, there was a Mom all by herself with 3 month old twins and she was doing great!! Have great visits with Grandma and Grandpa........Auntie Lindsey