Friday, March 17, 2006

Hockey Night in Canada... and the Closet

First the Hockey Night in Canada Part: Last night Ryan and I picked up Greg and Becky at 5 for the 7 o'clock game in Edmonton ~ yes, 5 because I gave Ryan ONE job which was to invite Greg and Becky to the hockey game, and in his wisdom he invited them to the game on WEDNESDAY, March 16th. We did get that error straightened out ahead of time but by the time we did, the earliest we could leave was 5. We got up to Edmonton in good time, but by the time we hit Wayne Gretzky Drive, it was gridlock. Luckily we had a parking pass so as we got in and were headed to our seats, they were just singing the National Anthem. (Note to self ~ it's my duty to arrange all social events)

The game was awesome because of course, Edmonton won in overtime, but they were lucky to win as it was all Calgary in the second period and the only thing that saved Edmonton was their goaltending. Our seats were really good and the crowd was really loud so it made for a good time. The only bad part was we didn't win the $25,000 50/50 draw. I told Greg if we won I'd give him $100, ha ha!

Next the Hockey Night in the Closet Part: We got home at about midnight, and Sami came to the door to greet us but Molly was nowhere to be seen. I was calling her name and looked in two of her favourite spots but nothing. Oh, but there was something. I heard these soft little "me, me me" sounds so I knew it was her. SHE WAS IN THE CLOSET ~ FOR EIGHT HOURS! She must have run in there when we were getting our coats and we didn't notice. Poor little things. I'm sure Sami had a fun night, though, with the house to herself. Good thing we didn't stay overnight like we had thought of doing.

PS. I took a picture of the Oilers celebrating their OT win on my phone (yes, the camera I told the sales guy I would never use) but I can't figure out how to get that onto my computer so I can't share it with you.

1 comment:

karen said...

poor kitty!