Friday, November 17, 2006

100 Things About Me

Angella posted a "100 Things" list on her blog, and I'm hoping this list will make up for my lack of posts lately, so here's my list, in totally random order:
  1. I was born in Weyburn, SK, but consider Penticton, BC, my hometown
  2. I have lived in 7 cities/towns in my life, some more than once
  3. my favourite meal is turkey dinner and we had it at our wedding, which Lana thought was funny
  4. I choke when I eat corn, but I still eat it
  5. I can write machine shorthand at 225 wpm and type somewhere between 60 and 80 wpm
  6. I have completed 3 years of my Bachelor of Arts degree from UBC, with a concentration in American History
  7. I have never regretted not finishing that last year of my degree
  8. the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life is obtaining my diploma in Court Reporting from NAIT
  9. Celine Dion's version of "O Holy Night" makes me tear up
  10. "Amazing Grace" makes me tear up, especially when played on bagpipes
  11. I vowed when I moved to Red Deer that I would never date anyone who worked in the oil patch
  12. this is why you should never say never
  13. I wish my husband didn't ride a Harley-Davidson
  14. not that I have anything against Harleys, it just worries me sick
  15. luckily he's so busy and our summer's so short that he doesn't ride it often
  16. I thought all of my adult life I was 5' 4"
  17. a couple of years ago, I was measured at the doctor's office and I'm 5' 3"
  18. I made them measure me twice to make sure
  19. I've been to Bombay, India, three times and would go three more if I could
  20. I've been to Spokane, WA, once and would never go back
  21. when I was young I would talk so much it would make my dad nervous
  22. when I lived in Vancouver I was stalked
  23. my stalker was female
  24. she was arrested, charged, pled guilty, and imprisoned
  25. my favourite thing to do is travel
  26. fortunately I married someone who's travelled more than myself and loves it too
  27. I've never had stitches in my life
  28. I've never broken a bone in my life
  29. I've never had surgery in my life
  30. I'm a fainter
  31. so many times I've lost count
  32. when my dentist just TOLD me I needed a root canal, I hyperventilated, threw up, and fainted in his office
  33. I hate decorating my house
  34. I hate knickknacks
  35. I love Christmas
  36. maybe after being away from my parents this year for the first time I won't love it as much
  37. I enjoy doing laundry
  38. I hate folding sheets, especially the fitted ones
  39. we have a queen bed
  40. Ryan says we'll never (there's that word!) have a king because we'll be too far away from each other
  41. I cannot sleep without ear plugs
  42. I've never had a speeding ticket in my life
  43. I used to hate cats
  44. I was scared of cats, thanks to Karen's Simon and Cari's Valentine
  45. I've never tried smoking, not even a drag
  46. I want to say I've lived my whole life without ever trying smoking
  47. I hate horror movies
  48. I hate cooked carrots
  49. I won't even have some to be polite
  50. I don't eat beef
  51. Ryan, until last year, owned beef cattle
  52. this is not a good province to be a non-beef-eater in
  53. I'm a news junkie
  54. I usually either have CNN or MSNBC on in the background
  55. Ryan sometimes pleads, please, no more news
  56. I love hockey
  57. I've been an Oilers fan for over 20 years
  58. it connects me to my dad
  59. I love American politics (see number 54)
  60. even though I've lived in Alberta for the last 6 1/2 years, I still watch BCTV news every evening
  61. I speak to my mom almost daily on the phone even though she lives in Penticton
  62. I can't go a day without speaking to Ryan, or even 5 or 6 hours usually
  63. people say marriage is hard
  64. I think it's fun
  65. I'm thankful every day for Ryan
  66. I don't like doing manual labour
  67. staining baseboards for our basement was a major accomplishment for me
  68. I'd much rather cook/bake/do laundry/dust...
  69. I love going out for breakfast
  70. my favourite dish to order is eggs benedict
  71. I could have Starbucks daily
  72. I usually only work about two days a week outside the home
  73. which means I usually only work about a third of a year
  74. things are different now
  75. we are Red Deer Rebels season ticket holders
  76. I like going to the games because it's our date night in the winter
  77. I don't buy lottery tickets, ever
  78. Ryan does so I'm covered :)
  79. I hate wearing sunglasses and it drives Ryan nuts
  80. I either watch the news or read or both before bed every night
  81. if I could leash train my cats, I would
  82. I wish I lived closer to my family
  83. I'd like my parents to retire in Alberta but I'm not holding my breath
  84. my favourite holiday cookie is the sugar cookie
  85. I can decorate them beautifully but it takes me so long that I don't make them very often
  86. my favourite makeup is MAC and Clinique
  87. there is no MAC in Red Deer
  88. I've never seen a Star Wars movie
  89. I still get ID'd from time to time
  90. it's strange/flattering because the age of majority is 18 in Alberta
  91. I hate driving in snow
  92. when I retire, I'd like to winter in Arizona
  93. I'm only 32 so I'm not exactly pursuing real estate in AZ
  94. I subscribe to the Edmonton Journal and the Red Deer Advocate newspapers
  95. I subscribe to Canadian Living, Chatelaine, Everyday Food, and Self magazines
  96. I'd like to live in the same city as Lana & Dave
  97. I wish that Sheryl lived in Red Deer
  98. I'm baptised and confirmed in the Lutheran Church but do not attend
  99. my favourite hockey player of all time is Wayne Gretzky (check the number of this item)
  100. well, there went 45 minutes of procrastination!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A female stalker? Crazy! Great list! I feel like I know you so much better :)

Anonymous said...

You don't eat beef? Really??? I'm with you on Karen's cat Simom being scary - I still have nightmares about Simon.

Lisa said...

I haven't ate beef since May 2000. I thought of all people, you'd know that!

Anonymous said...

RE: #89.......I got ID'd at Walmart in Mesa today....I'm 61....apparently everyone buying liquor must show ID......I was quite flattered!!!
Auntie Lindsey
PS: AZ is THE place to be a fun "retired snowbird".

Anonymous said...

I have the whole set of Star Wars! Feel free to borrow them at any time:)

Anonymous said...

It's quite amazing that I think I knew at least 60-70% of that stuff - pretty good for a lousy uncle, eh?