Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Random Thoughts


  • Rather than write out paragraphs, here's the point-by-point version of my life lately.
  • I have to go to the dentist today ~ bad; it's only for a cleaning ~ good!
  • Today I have the day "off".
  • This means I'll be working at home and going to the office to drop off transcripts.
  • I have so many transcripts to take to the copiers, they're going in a banker's box.
  • The cold front's hit Red Deer, and along with some fresh snow, the high will be minus 11 today and minus 22 by the weekend.
  • That's the high.
  • Ryan starts his 6 days off today.
  • He works 15 on and 6 off, which I call two weeks on and one week off because it's easier.
  • His to-do list is very long, mostly filled with basement stuff, but the basement may actually be completely finished by next week.
  • Thursday and Friday I'm writing for a lawyer who speaks about, oh, 300 wpm so I've booked myself a massage for Saturday.
  • I found out last night that Great West, Trican's insurance benefits company, pays $750 a year towards massages.
  • I think I may start going regularly.
  • The book I'm reading, The Innocent Man by John Grisham, is such a good book, and if you enjoy true crime (but not gory) you should pick it up.
  • I think I can finish my Christmas shopping in one afternoon so I really should get on it.
  • I'm still steppin' right along in aerobics and enjoying it, now that I'm catching on.
  • I still get enormous joy from Sami & Molly.
  • I'm glad that News Corp. bowed to public pressure and cancelled OJ's book and TV interview.
  • I can't believe that Edmonton is now the murder capital of Canada.
  • "They" (whoever they are) say it's because of the influx of money and the booming economy, to which I reply, If that were true, wouldn't Calgary's rate be higher? Plus, it's not like it's oilfield people killing one another.
  • Tomorrow's American Thanksgiving.
  • My parents get turkey dinner because one of their friends in Penticton is American. No fair!
  • I think I'd best be getting some work done now.
  • Have a great day!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for the massage!

karen said...

Do you find yourself thinking in small, choppy sentences now that you posted the list of 100? I know I do, and I think you do too...

ps. I love massages and go practially every 2 weeks b/c our plans cover them!

Lisa said...

yes, I'll probably do all my posts like this now!