There's a song by Paul Brandt called "Alberta Bound" that makes me a little misty every time I hear it, and today I'm thinking of that song as Ryan makes his way home from Birmingham, Alabama, a trip that was supposed to be for five days that has turned into almost two weeks. Here's part of the song:
This piece of heaven that I've found
Rocky Mountains and black fertile ground
Everything I need beneath that big blue sky
Doesn't matter where I go
This place will always be my home
Yeah I've been Alberta Bound for all my life
And I'll be Alberta Bound until I die
So Ryan's arriving home late tonight, just in time for our five-year anniversary tomorrow, April Fool's Day ~ not married for five years but the five-year mark of our first meeting on a blind date. And how are we going to celebrate tomorrow? By going to the Rebels game and watching them, hopefully, beat Medicine Hat to tie the series at 3 games. It's what all Rebels fans do on their anniversary, isn't it?
1 comment:
Hope you guys have a great anniversary!!
Post a Comment