Today I had my 12-week prenatal appointment (I'll be 12 weeks on Saturday) and Ryan came with me because we were expecting to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. So after the obligatory pee-in-the-cup, then waiting for the doctor while Ryan rummaged through the drawers in the examination table, then the blood pressure check, finally the doctor put the jelly on me belly :) and got the fetal doppler ready. After trying in about three areas and hearing my heartbeat, she finally found the baby's heartbeat! It was loud, rapid (compared to mine) and strong. The doctor said she loved finding the heartbeat, and our baby had a very strong heartbeat so that was reassuring. She asked Ryan if he could hear it, and, really, how could he not, it was that loud. Then we were done until next month.
After we left there, I found my way down to Old Navy to look for, ahem, maternity pants, if you can believe it. I've found the downside to being a size 2 and that is when your uterus starts to expand, there's really nowhere for it to hide, and while I'm not "showing", my pants, especially my jeans, are a little uncomfortable right now. In fact, I think I'm down to two pairs of jeans, and one of them I had the top button open while I was at home, and the other pair are my "fat jeans" and they're kind of baggy all through the leg and I've never really liked them. Enter Old Navy. In the Red Deer store, they have a very small maternity section, but big enough that I got two pairs of jeans and they're oh so comfy. My shirts still totally fit because I'm still waiting (impatiently, mind you) to bust out of this A cup, but I did buy two maternity t-shirts because I need shirts long enough to cover that elastic panel on my new jeans. But let me tell you, I've never been so happy to gain weight as I am right now!
2 comments:
The heartbeat is the BEST SOUND EVER!!! Yippee!!!
Yay!!
Both times I've heard the heartbeat it took forever for the doctor to find... talk about nerve wracking! Then the first time she found it I started to giggle and she lost it right away!
Welcome to the world of maternity clothes. The other day though I wore my pre-pregnancy jeans (to my TOTAL shock!). They are low riders so I guess I am carrying pretty high cause there is definitely a belly there!
Post a Comment