Thursday, April 05, 2007

Procrastination

Do you ever have so much to do that you just sit in front of the fire and, oh, I don't know, read the paper? Or blog, as the case may be? That's me this morning. The day started off early enough with good intentions, but it's only 8:30 now and I already feel lazy. Today I got up bright and early at 7 (yes, that is bright and early for me) and Ryan and I took my Envoy in to have the brakes done. On the way back home, we went to Second Cup for a mocha for him and a London Fog for me. So he drops me off at home, and I actually did get a load of laundry in, but then I thought, I should watch the Today show. Then I remembered that my Edmonton Journal was still on the front step and thought that will go great with my London Fog. Next great idea that moves me further away from cleaning the bathroom? I should turn the fireplace on. It's snowing outside and how cozy would it be to just sit in front of the fire, reading my paper and drinking my London Fog. Now that that's all done what am I doing ~ blogging.
Why the big panic to get things done? Tomorrow my parents are flying in from Penticton for Easter and they haven't been here since August 2005, our wedding. My friend Megan from Edmonton is also coming down tomorrow for supper. Then on Saturday, I'm hosting Easter dinner for my parents, Gary, Dorothy, and Vanessa, and Sheryl is coming up from Calgary, having Easter dinner with us, and staying the night. So that translates into a fair amount of company, and therefore, a fair amount of cooking and cleaning for said company. Yesterday I got some of my shopping done and tonight Ryan and I are going to do the bulk of the grocery shopping. I also need to vacuum, wash floors, and clean our bathroom. Luckily I anticipated I'd get lazy today and I cleaned the other two bathrooms the other night. Yesterday I also had to get my taxes organized because my accountant is in Penticton and I want my parents to just hand-deliver all of my "tax stuff" to her and so that took a while. Because I'm an independent contractor, it's not just your standard T4 and RRSP contributions. I don't even get a T4. I have to organize all of my invoices and all of my write-offs because a portion of the house is written off as a home-based business and a portion of my truck is a write-off and this sort of thing. Usually I'm good about getting all of that in by the middle of March, but not this year. I feel guilty about dumping all of that on my accountant the second week of April, but it's a one-off thing.
And the other thing I have to go do today that I've been putting off since March 16th when I got the forms is getting my prenatal blood work done. Unfortunately, my two HCG blood tests don't count towards, well, anything. And judging from the number of little boxes ticked off on the lab req, it's not just going to be one vial of blood. And anyone who knows me (the queen of fainting) knows that I need to get psyched up for this. Part of the reason I put it off is because I want Ryan to come with me and he was in Alabama for 12 days so, gosh darn, I couldn't go. I am getting better at this blood work thing, though. I just tell them straight away that I need to lie down, can't do it sitting up, and they're good about it.
But I should run and find another way to procrastinate ~ I mean clean the bathroom! Have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better get used to sittin' around; this might take a while. Have anothe "fog", or whatever that is.
As for your mother coming, make sure the tops of your baseboards are clean; she checks that shit.

Love me

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha... I'm laughing right now at uncle Blair's comment right now because its so true!

If it makes you feel any better, i took the day off work and am still in my pjs at almost 10 in the morning! I don't really feel guilty about that though. Nor do I feel guilty about taking the day off work and booking a facial for later today.

Enjoy the weekend with the parents. Oh, and make sure your ice cube tray is filled up... she checks that too!

karen said...

I've heard that if you put marbles in your medicine cabinet, it's a good way to bust someone who looks in there too! :)

I don't know what I'm saying....

London Fog, the newspaper and a fire... I'm so jealous!