Today I went for my weekly doctor's appointment and it's all becoming very real:
- my file's been faxed to Unit 25, Red Deer Regional Hospital, just waiting for my arrival
- the baby is dropping nicely
- at the end of my checkup, my doctor said, "So we'll see you next week, if not sooner on Unit 25", to which I replied, "Next week will be just fine." He laughed.
- Ryan and I installed the car seat last night
- all of the baby bedding and baby clothes are washed and put away
- Ryan's doing his last out-of-town job today
- there are many a frozen meal in the deep-freeze, along with an assortment of frozen muffins
- I don't think this house could be any cleaner (except if anyone wants to come and dust every single blind in this house)
- everything I can pack ahead of time in my hospital bag is packed, with a list made up of last-minute items to throw in
- I've bought every birthday present I need to buy between now and the second week of December
Ways that I'm not ready:
- I'm getting my brows done on Friday
- I'm getting my hair done on Tuesday
- I'd like to go to The Keg for my birthday supper next Thursday
- the Rebels have three home games in the next week and a half
- there's a huge, and I mean huge, craft sale in Red Deer starting next Friday that I'd like to go to
- and on a less superficial level, I'm going to miss feeling the baby in me, miss his kicks and punches and rolls, not to mention the hiccups, miss his 100% dependency on me, and hope to God that I never forget the experiences I've had
But the good news is that I'm more mentally prepared for what's ahead of me labour-wise than I ever have been. I'm just so excited to meet our little baby boy, and that excitement right now is a much more powerful emotion than the fear of labour that I have. I'm also reminding myself that I won't be in labour for a week, I'm not giving birth in the middle of nowhere, there will be people there to help me, the baby's in a good position (i.e. he's not breech and as long as he doesn't roll around too much before delivery, no back labour) and as long as Ryan's by my side, I can do it. And speaking of Ryan, the opportunity to bring this baby into the world with him is too special for words.
4 comments:
You are going to do GREAT!
And I can't wait to meet that little boy.
yup! You are ready and you are going to do wonderfully!
Yipee!!! I'm so excited for you. you will do splendidly, Lisa. I'm thinking of you!
Now that you're almost there, please let us have one more picture.
I know you will do really well with labor and delivery. A toothache is much worse!!!!, not that you can really compare the outcome of one to the other!!
Love you, M
Post a Comment