Today I took Ty to the doctor for his 3-month checkup. Before Ty goes for a checkup, Ryan and I always place a friendly bet on what he'll weigh. For today's appointment, I guessed 15 pounds, 6 ounces, and Ryan guessed 15 pounds, 10 ounces. WRONG! Ty weighs 17 pounds and is 26 inches long, the 95th percentile for both weight and length. That's when I said, "Seriously?" My next question was, "Um, can you over breastfeed a baby?" My doctor said, "No, he's just a really healthy, big boy; you're doing fine." The plus side is, at least he's in the 95th percentile for weight and length, not just weight. The nurse pointed out that we're going to have to keep an eye on his car seat because he'll be outgrowing that sooner rather than later. Yeah, I know, but aren't those things supposed to last until they're almost a year, and aren't babies supposed to double their birth weight between 4 and 6 months, not at 3 months? Needless to say, I think Ty's gone through his 3-month growth spurt already, or at least I hope he has!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Huge!
Maybe the cats are slipping him kibble after hours.
Post a Comment