I have a love/hate relationship. It's with this little social networking site called crackbook ~ sorry, I mean Facebook! Ugh. It's so addicting that I hate it, but in some strange way I love it too much to say goodbye to it. I check in with it way too many times a day (of course it doesn't help that I'm a SAHM) and I think in Facebook-ese. What do I mean by that? Have you ever been doing something, or not doing something that you should be doing and instead think, "Lisa is...", or whatever your name is. That's a sign I'm on FB too often. I can't completely close my account because the withdrawl would be too much to endure. So instead, in my effort to not be on FB so much, I've removed it from my bookmarks. I figure if I actually have to physically type in www.face... and actually sign in, I'm much less likely to check status updates and/or post status updates. I do like FB for the pictures but I don't need to check it hourly to see if anyone has posted new pictures. But I totally feel like I'm going to miss something. It's like this great conversation is going on out there with my friends from Canada, the US, and Australia, and I won't know what they're saying! We'll see how this experiment goes and how much of an addictive personality I have. But in my defence, I have a Twitter account and never check it, but maybe I'll just end up replacing one addiction with another!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's so hard to limit time. I'm on FB way too often too.
Good luck, Lisa. I've been thinking about what I'm modelling for my kids... aahhhh the guilt!!
Post a Comment