Tuesday, June 27, 2006

It's Getting Hot In Here...

...so take off all your ~ you know the words, sing along!
Today when I was driving home from work the thermometer in my truck read 33.
Now, I don't mind 33 degree weather if I'm in another country, on a white sandy beach, sitting in front of crystal blue water, drinking a slushy beverage.
However, I DO NOT LIKE sitting in an office in downtown Red Deer with half-ass air conditioning writing people arguing at 240 WORDS PER MINUTE. And that's not even stretching the truth ~ my court reporting software update now tells you how many words you're writing a minute. I have yet to decide if that's good or bad.
Also, last night when I was making supper you can say I was not in the best of moods. I told Ryan I was so hot, I hated my life. Okay, that one is stretching the truth. He said, Oh, really, I couldn't tell. No sarcasm there. I told him his chances of getting supper at home tonight were not looking very good.
Now because Ryan likes a happy little wife, I think we're going out tonight. Yay! Sometimes the squeaky wheel really does get the grease!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Mom and Dad say that you should have put air conditioning in when you were building your house, what was another couple of thousand in the big scheme of things. Next time you build, I will seriously consider putting it in for you. This is only June and you have July and August to go. Poor dears. Good thing we are sitting quite comfortably in our air conditioned house!!!!!

Lisa said...

Yay ~ free air conditioning! The squeaky wheel strikes again!

Jen said...

240 wpm!!!! Wowza. I thought i was fast and I do 70 wpm. hahaha.

Yes - it's hot and our a/c is broken so I feel ya!

Heidi said...

Hee hee. My husband bought us a portable a/c because "I don't want to listen to you complaining all summer long about the heat, you're too grumpy". YAY for squeaky wheels!!!