Last night Ryan and I decided to go to Earl's for appies after going to seat change night to upgrade our Red Deer Rebels season tickets (which we were able to do, going from 5 rows from the top of the Centrium to row 4 on the bottom!). Anyways, we get to Earl's and there's a bit of a crowd at the door. I waved hi to Monica Bast, the lawyer who's now a judge that I went to the swearing-in ceremony for that I posted about last month. Ryan and I were then quickly escorted to our seats at the far end of the restaurant. Our waitress came, took our drink orders, and then coming towards our table is Judge Bast. I thought she was just coming to say hi and meet Ryan, but this is what she said: "We just got a booth, would you like to come join us?" Uh, yeah, I'd like to have dinner with the only female lawyer from Central Alberta to become a judge on the Provincial Court. So away we went and had dinner with Monica and her husband David. It was great! It turns out that David and Ryan play in the same baseball league and have played against one another, and every year David goes to the Oakland A's fantasy camp in Phoenix, so Ryan and David had things in common. And of course, I think Monica could talk to anyone so that was no problem. And when the bill came, Judge Bast kindly picked up the tab. It was such a great night for me that I was on Cloud 9 the rest of the evening!
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like upcoming dinner parties to me!
cool!
That's awesome. I don't know why you are so surprised at the whole thing, you and Ryan both have that something special that everyone respects and admires.
Sounds awesome!
Post a Comment