Thursday, July 13, 2006

Chick Lit X 2


This week I read two pieces of brain candy ~ uh, I mean literature. The Devil Wears Prada I found a bit repetitive, all the ridiculous demands that the main character's boss puts upon her, but I guess that was the central theme of the book. I quite enjoyed The Undomestic Goddess, and the only thing I found frustrating with this book was how absolutely clueless the main character was about such mundane tasks like how to iron a shirt. But again, central theme of the book. I like chick lit. It's this little guilty pleasure that I can burn thru fairly quickly and they're usually only $10 so that's a bonus too. The fun's coming to an end tonight, however, when I begin Suite Francaise, a book about World War II and the Holocaust and Auschwitz that's been compared to the diary of Anne Frank. Needless to say, after I'm done this one, I'll probably revert back to some good old chick lit to decompress.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I need to read some chick books. Those sound like good recommendations! Will you see The Devil Wears Prada movie?

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....reading :)