Friday, December 08, 2006

Things That Have Made Me Happy This Week

  • I asked Gary & Dorothy's daughter Vanessa if she'd look after the girls while we're in Las Vegas. I told her I'd pay her and give her our Rebels tix for the two games that we're going to miss. She accepted, then I spoke to Dorothy, and she was so kind and accomodating, I felt like she was honoured that I asked (I don't know if she was). It makes me feel so good/less guilty about leaving the girls when I know they'll be so well looked after. You know if I could take them, I would!
  • This morning when I checked my e-mail there was a message posted on the blog from some old friends from UBC who now live in California. They found my blog! They were actually introduced on my birthday and because of that, were married on that day. They now have a beautiful baby girl. That made my day!
  • I was slated to do a two-day job this week (yesterday and today) for a super-fast lawyer, but they got everything done yesterday so today I had the day off. And instead of working at home, I actually took the day off. I went to Costco and a nice gift store downtown and did some other running around and I've thoroughly enjoyed myself today.
  • We missed the Rebels game on Tuesday (their first home game in about three weeks) because Ryan didn't get home until late, and they won 6 - 1 so I wish we could have been there, but they play again at home tonight and tomorrow night, and Ryan said he'll be home by 5 tonight so that makes me very happy. Ryan hasn't been home by 5 since I don't know when.
  • I looked after Jenna on Wednesday night (she's 16 months) so that was busy. She came over here, and it's different having a little one around when you're not used to it, and when you don't have a baby gate and your stairs are central in your house!
  • Mine and Ryan's Christmas gifts from my parents arrived today via Greyhound, and we get to open them before we leave!
  • Hearing Lana tell me funny stories about her students and speaking to her on the phone for about an hour the other night made me happy.
  • The above-mentioned super-fast lawyer gave me Las Vegas for Dummies yesterday and told me when I'm done with it, just pass it on to someone else. Very thoughtful.
  • Even though we're not putting up the tree this year because we're going away (and because Molly is, quite frankly, a bad girl), I did put out all of our other decorations so now the house looks somewhat Christmasy.
  • I tried a new recipe for Pumpkin Streusel muffins off of Baking Sheet, and they were delicious! I brought a couple to work for Karin, and she liked them so much I gave her the recipe.
  • But aside from all of that, the happiness I get from my family cannot be measured, and spending Christmas without them is going to be tough, but we'll all live through it and we'll be together for Christmas 2007.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of happiness :)

Meng said...

Darn you, Ryll! (Robinson!) I spent the better part of yesterday going through your archives. Or I should say the better part of yesterday was spent going through your archives. Your blog cracks me up. I'm way behind on comments so I'll start making up for lost time:

lol fainting! I had no idea you were so sensitive to blood.

wtf halloween cat party hats?! They look so unimpressed, poor things. Pretty cute, though.

omg curlette! Genius! Would the rink be heated teflon so the omlette got cooked by the end? And would the sweepers strap fatback to their feet? (This post took me back to 4th Kootenay and you and Sheryl in the lounge explaining figure skating to me.)

Anonymous said...

I too am catching up. Yes, I was honoured. Whenever you and Ryan need anything you know us Colemans will be there. Vanessa is tickled with just the hockey tickets, don't worry about paying her, she'd just spend the money on me anyway! LOL