Rascal Flatts is one of my favourite country groups; in fact, I wanted their song "Bless the Broken Road" to be the first dance song at our wedding but Ryan wanted Keith Urban's "Making Memories of Us" instead. Last week, it was announced Rascal Flatts were coming to Alberta, and at the same time, I decided I was going to try to get tickets. They went on sale this morning, and I tried for Edmonton tickets but I could only get seats way up in the nosebleeds in Rexall so I passed. I then jumped to the Calgary concert date and tried for tickets there. Ticketmaster.ca said my wait time was 7 minutes so I thought there's no way I'll get any better tickets in Calgary, that's too long a wait, but I sat and waited. After waiting for probably about 5 minutes, another screen came up showing me what tickets I could purchase. Bottom section, row 2. Huh? I looked again. Section 111, row 2. I thought, That can't be right, those are row 2 tickets. Seeing I had 3 minutes to decide or I'd lose the seats, I quickly opened up the Saddledome's seating chart. Well, sure enough, I wasn't seeing things, these tickets were as good as they seemed. Needless to say, I snapped them up. I phoned Ryan to tell him (he's en route from Fort St. John, BC, to High Level, AB), to which his reply was, Well, I'm not going.
To which I replied, Uh, yeah, you are. I didn't necessarily want to go see George Strait (where we had row 1 tickets ~ I'm getting good at this!) but I went because I knew how much you wanted to.
Oh, okay, I'll go.
Glad that's settled.
But I just checked and the concert's sold out in both Edmonton and Calgary so now I'm thinking my row 2 tickets might go up for re-sale in the Red Deer paper!
No comments:
Post a Comment