Friday, February 16, 2007

Long Weekend

This is the start of a long weekend in Alberta, Monday being Family Day (except that I have to work at 2 this afternoon so I shouldn't get too far ahead of myself). It's nice that Ryan's actually on days off for a long weekend.
Last night I decided to make roast beef for Ryan. What's the big deal? I haven't ate beef for SEVEN years. As it's in the oven cooking, Ryan comes home and says, Oh, I haven't smelled meat cooking for so long. Meanwhile, I think the smell is sick, sick, sick, and all I can think is, My house smells like dead cow; we need some ventilation in here. So I had a piece, and, yeah, I think I'll be going another seven years without eating beef.
Did you see Grey's Anatomy last night? It was so much better than part 1 of this three-part episode. But I can hardly believe that part 3 is on during the Rascal Flatts concert next Thursday! Luckily ABC replays Grey's on Friday nights so I shouldn't miss it. And CSI? The miniature killer's back and it was so good and I was so tired that I fell asleep with ten minutes left. So can anyone help me? Did they catch the miniature killer? I thought in my drowsiness they were leaning towards that psychotherapist's brother but that might have been just me dreaming.
Ryan came home with flowers for me yesterday for Valentine's, after having me write down the kind of flowers I like. I guess he knows how much I hate surprises. It was kind of a surprise, though, because the florist was out of star gazer lilies so I got roses and some other lilies, but the lilies haven't opened yet so I don't know what they look like. Maybe they'll be my new favourite flower. And, yes, I have been nibbling on the Bernard Callebaut chocolate I got Ryan and I'd forgotten how good fine quality chocolate is. You can even shop for Bernard Callebaut chocolate on-line (who knew?) at www.bernardcallebaut.com. It's definitely worth the high price.
I'm off to watch the Today show now so ta-ta for now!

1 comment:

karen said...

It was the brother that actually killed the Dr -- she had advanced Parkinsons, and she and her brother thought that it would be a perfect opportunity to make it look like the miniature killer did it. So because it didn't work the first time, he went in and finished it. But there was some other wierd twist at the end where they didn't seem to think that the miniature killer who killed himself actually WAS the miniature killer. He was covering for someone else or something. I never watch CSI anymore, but now that we have that PVR....

I haven't seen Gray's yet, but I hear it's good!