Thursday, February 01, 2007

This 'n That


  • we had another snow/wind storm yesterday
  • the snow blew across our driveway and was very hard-packed
  • even though Ryan will be home later, I shoveled for him; he can take out the garbage!
  • speaking of Ryan, he leaves for High Level tomorrow for a week
  • only a week this time, not the two like last shift, and not to Fort St. John and the border with NWT
  • we'll miss three Rebels games, though
  • I might go to one or two of them, but it's just not as much fun without him
  • since it's going to stay cold, I may just rent some DVDs
  • I haven't rented movies lately because our DVD player was unplugged whilst waiting for the new TV
  • the new TV is now here
  • there's a lot to be said for a 50-inch TV
  • this is why I'm anxious to rent movies
  • like maybe The Devil Wears Prada, a good movie to rent when the husband's away
  • I got my brows waxed the other day at a place I don't normally go to
  • it cost $25
  • I usually pay between 12 and $15
  • don't you think when you pay $25 for a brow wax, you shouldn't then have to come home and pluck out the ones the esthetician missed?
  • needless to say, there was no tipping
  • I also got my hair cut and coloured last week
  • it's not blonde anymore
  • it's now this reddish-brown with caramel highlights
  • I love it!
  • maybe I'll update my picture on the right one of these days
  • we went to Earl's last night
  • I love Earl's caesars and chicken quesadilla and sundaes with mocha kahlua sauce
  • now you know what I had for supper/dessert last night
  • Sami & Molly have new nicknames
  • I call them the lunatics because they're, well, crazy, like lunatics
  • they love that the basement is finished and run around like chickens with their heads cut off
  • it's Valentine's Day this month
  • any plans?
  • Ryan and I will be going to the Rebels game, I'm sure
  • I went and picked up our Rascal Flatts tix on the weekend
  • the guy at Ticketmaster said, Wow, these are really good seats
  • you could probably get double for them
  • to which I replied, That's what I was thinking
  • then I heard on the radio yesterday that the concert sold out in 19 minutes!
  • but I've decided, Hey, I really, really like them, I'm going to enjoy my row 2 seats
  • how did I get so lucky?
  • timing
  • I'm just waiting for the Keith Urban announcement now
  • he's going on tour, probably this summer, and will be coming to Alberta
  • I've had some really good chats lately with Karen (Penticton) and Kyoko (Victoria)
  • I don't speak to them weekly, but when I do, I sure do miss them
  • I go on Tuesday for my consult with the oral surgeon
  • it's just a consult, though; I'm keeping my last two wisdom teeth for as long as I can!
  • must go; have a great day; and welcome to February!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keith Urban is opening his tour here in Phoenix but it is after we have gone....I would love to see him. I think I am going to go to Bob Seger at the end of Feb....enjoy the3 cold & snow. I hear it is supposed to stay -20 for 2 weeks in Edmonton....the sun is finally doing its thing here in the south...Auntie Lindsey

Anonymous said...

I like talking to Karen too :) Post a pic of your new 'do!