
This afternoon Furry Cat went to Heaven with the help of the kind staff at East Hill Dog & Cat Hospital. Good-bye, my little Furry Cat, Mom loves you more than anything.
If I Should Grow Frail
If it should be that I grow frail and weak and pain does keep me from my sleep, then will you do what must be done for this, the last battle, can't be won. You will be sad; I understand, but don't let grief then stay your hand. For on this day, more than the rest, your love and friendship must stand the test. We have had so many happy years; you wouldn't want me to suffer so. When the time comes, please let me go. Take me to where my needs they'll tend, only stay with me until the end and hold me firm and speak to me until my eyes no longer see. I know in time you will agree it is a kindess you do for me. Although my tail its last has waved, from pain and suffering I have been saved. Don't grieve that it must now be you who has to decide the thing to do. We've been so close, we two, these years, don't let your heart hold any tears. Smile, for we walked together for a while.
6 comments:
Im so sorry for your loss. I love the picture. He couldn't have had a better life.
Furry was so fortunate to have been picked by you when he was that little kitten at the SPCA in Vancouver so many years ago. He was so loved by you and your family.
What a lucky cat to have had so many years with you. I know he will always have a special place in your heart.
Such a great picture of him, too.
Dear Lisa and Ryan, so very sorry to hear of the passing. Furry will truly be missed. We know that was one of the hardest things you'll ever have to do in your life, but please remember he is now at peace.
Love the Colemans
I finally got up the nerve to see the tribute to Furry and of course, burst out in tears when I saw his beautiful picture. He held such a big place in our family. I am so sad that he has left us, but find peace that he is no longer suffering. He was so lucky to have such an amazing mom who reminded him every day how much he was loved and who left the tap running just that little bit so he could have a sip. We all miss him very much. We love you Fur Fur and say hi to our little Lucy up in Heaven.
Love always,
Lana, Dave and Riley
I don't know what to say, except I know you must be sad. Pets ARE family. You're a brave woman.
Angella
Post a Comment