Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Furry's Last Week






I wanted to share some pictures from Furry's last week with me. I tried to have the camera always at hand for I knew that time was slipping. I think he looks pretty good in the pictures because he has so much fur covering his tiny body and his little skeleton frame. I also wanted to share some memories of Fur-Fur. For the last 11 years, Furry has been my constant companion. Of course, I always had my family, but Furry was with me at UBC, went to NAIT with me, moved to four cities with me, and was loyal to me for always. I know that to him, I was his world and he was very much mine. How many people call their cat's babysitter from India to see how he's doing at $8 a minute? That's the kind of bond we shared. Having Furry by my side for 11 years no matter what, no matter where we lived, no matter what was going on in my life, he was always there. And now I feel like I've lost my best friend and I'm lost. It's just too much for the heart to take at times and his diagnosis and passing came entirely too quickly. I'm trying not to cry too, too much but sometimes it's so overwhelming and I want him back so much for one last hug, one last kiss. My heart breaks every time I think of him but I know one day we'll be reunited, and in the meantime, his little soul is with me, watching over me, like he always has.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lisa: I have already expressed my thoughts on e-mail....am trying this....Auntie Lindsey
PS: Fluffy is looking down from "kitty heaven" and keeping tabs on Sami.....