Friday, November 25, 2005

A Sister for Sami

I went to the vet on Monday to pick up Furry's ashes, and while I was there, there were two black kittens playing. One was medium-haired and just 6 weeks old and looked a little too much like Fur, but the other one was 3 months old and short-haired and just spoke to me. I asked about adopting her, and it was a stray dropped off at Kristi's (my vet) in-laws' farm and they had brought it in because she had a little cold but she didn't think they'd mind adopting her out. On Tuesday I took Sami in to be weighed, and this little 3-month-old crawled right into Sami's kennel and didn't bat an eye and neither did Sami. I took Ryan in later that day to meet her and he thought she'd make a nice addition to our home. To make this long story a little shorter, Kristi just called to say we could have her! She's being spayed on Monday and I'll bring her home on Wednesday. Her name is going to be Molly and I'll post pictures when she comes home. I was told that a lot of people who have come into the clinic have wanted her but they said no, they were holding her for me. I'm very excited ~ can you tell?

3 comments:

Angella said...

The fact that the 2 cats didn't start the hiss and growl is a sign that they are meant to be together!
:)
Angella

Anonymous said...

your title made me think of a children's book... "A Salmon for Simon", but I digress.

Welcome to the family Molly! Can't wait to meet you!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to hear about Molly....that was my mother's name in case you wanted to know!!! Looking forward to seeing her...Buttons is on her way to AZ tomorrow for the winter....Roy goes to his winter home across the lake.....Auntie Lindsey