Thursday, May 18, 2006

A Class Act


The last game that the Oilers and Sharks played in San Jose, the American fans booed "O Canada".
You DO NOT boo another country's anthem ~ ever.
On Monday in the Edmonton Journal, there were ten letters to the editor from Americans from places such as NY, California, and Alaska, apologizing to the Canadian people for the appalling behaviour of their fellow countrymen.
People were wondering last night how the Canadian fans would respond to the playing of "The Star Spangled Banner" at Rexall Place.
When Paul Lorieau started singing, the fans in Edmonton cheered.
And cheered hard and loud.
So loud, in fact, that I guess if you were at Rexall, you couldn't hear Paul Lorieau sing.
When the anthem was done, Jim Hughson, the play-by-play man for the CBC, commended Edmonton and said the fans sure showed some kind of Canadian class.
If you get the chance to see the highlight today, I suggest you watch it. You will swell with Canadian pride!

2 comments:

Angella said...

Canada ROCKS! 'Nuf said.

Anonymous said...

I'm proud to be a Canadian!!!!