Sunday, May 21, 2006

Remembering

Judy & Allen
Paula & Larry
I was going to write today about my bedding plants, that is until I received a devastating e-mail from Illinois. These are pictures of some friends we met on our honeymoon, the Alaskan cruise. Every night we were seated at the same dining table with the same dining companions. There was a young couple from Australia that we spent a good part of every day with. Then there were these two couples from Illinois who were the best of friends. Larry and Allen both worked for United Airlines, carpooled every day together, rode their Harleys togther, Larry and Paula were godparents to Allen & Judy's girls, and on and on. We enjoyed everyone's company and looked forward every night to sharing our Alaskan experiences with our new friends.
On March 5th, while driving home from work in a snowstorm, Allen and Larry were hit by another car. Larry tragically died that night from his injuries. Allen had a skull fracture, broke every bone in his face, broke his femur, broke his humerus, but did survive. He woke up four weeks ago and has had many surgeries and is still in rehab and will be for some time to come.
As I know a lot of you who read this blog have a deep and strong faith, please remember these two families in your prayers ~ I can't even begin to imagine what they're going through. And may God bless your soul, Larry. It was an honour getting to know you.

3 comments:

karen said...

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear that news. So sad.

Jen said...

So sad. I'll say a prayer for the families.

Angella said...

I'm praying for them too.