Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sesame Pork Tenderloin (on the BBQ)

As a wedding gift, Jarret and Greg & Becky gave us this wonderful stainless steel gas BBQ, which I've come to love! I've been looking for new grill recipes with different meats, and we tried this one tonight and loved it.

Sesame Pork Tenderloin
1 big pork tenderloin (I get mine at Costco)
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup roasted sesame seeds (you can get them in the spice section)
2 tbsp cooking sherry wine
1 tsp honey
4 green onions, chopped
Combine soy sauce thru to honey and whisk. Pour into a zip lock bag. Add tenderloin and green onions. Seal and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours. Preheat and grease the grill. Remove tenderloin from bag, discard marinade, and place tenderloin on grill (medium heat). Turn often and cook until the internal temperature reaches about 155 degrees (about 25 min). Remove from grill, let sit for 5 to 10 min, and slice.
I served mine with this dip:
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayo
2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp vinegar
1 green onion, chopped
2 tbsp brown sugar

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But how were the potatoes?

Lisa said...

the potatoes were good ~ it just took half and hour for that side burner to get the water boiling, but I think it was partly because it was such a large pot of water!

karen said...

ooohhh, sounds good!