
Today I went to the dentist, which is never a pleasant experience for Lisa (i.e. hyperventilating, throwing up, fainting, being administered oxygen, Ativan, crying) and as per usual, the news wasn't good. She wants me to get my top wisdom teeth out. They're not impacted, but they're a little sideways looking on the x-ray (and that's my diagnosis) and will probably easily decay (one's already showing signs) and they're hard to brush and I definitely don't want them to abscess because I've had that before and that was the worst pain I've ever known. My dentist and her assistant were trying to tell me because they're the top ones, they'll just pop right out and I'll be on Ativan so it won't be that bad and Ryan can be there and on and on. Oh, yeah, it's so pleasant, it's a wonder people don't get them out for no reason other than to get it done! I know it should be done but I DON'T WANNA! I'm sure Ryan's hoping that miraculously, they'll just fall out of my head because if I get it done, it WILL be on days off!
7 comments:
Tee hee.
I HEAR your pain - I HATE the dentist. I had all 4 wisdoms out. Though, the 2 that were grown out didn't hurt too bad. It was the impacted ones.
Blah!
And you were hoping you wouldn't have any cavities.....
When I had my wisdom teeth out, I went to the bar that night.
In the words of that red neck comic (forget the name)
"Get er done"!
Kyoko, aren't you glad she's not your patient!
I can't believe you are a suck like my daughter Karen (Ativan, hysterical etc., etc.,)...get with the programme and "suck it up"....you're both big girls now....Auntie Lindsey
To Lana, it was Larry the Cable Guy that said "Git 'er done!".
Anyway Lisa, a wisdom tooth pull is way easier than anal probes by aliens, trust me; and no, I don't want to talk about it!
The tops ones are easy peasy. It's the bottom ones where you hear all the bad stories from. My top ones came out in no time at all and I could hardly feel them the day after.
If you are worried about it, do IV sedation. Most people say they don't remember a thing.
Post a Comment