Monday, October 23, 2006

That's a Knee-Slapper!

Ryan and I have season's tickets to the Red Deer Rebels, our local WHL franchise. Our seats are in the lower bowl, row 4, on the curve, which translates into prime puck territory meaning you always have to be on the watch for pucks over the glass because of players clearing the zone and dumping it in. Well, you can't exactly watch the puck every second for three periods, and we were guilty of that Saturday night. Sure enough, the puck comes over the glass, we don't see it, and it hits Ryan in the knee. HARD. He said it felt like someone hit him with a hockey stick. So the usher comes down to see how he is and he tells her, Well, I need a beer, and then all these other guys in our section start chiming in, I need a beer, I need a beer. She said, I KNOW only one of you got hit. Later on, it almost happened again, and the guy beside us looked at Ryan and said, If that would have hit you again, I would have made sure you got a beer! And now, since Ryan bruises like a peach, there's a mark/welt/bruise showing up (and I'm sure he's going to love that I put that in :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he didn't get a beer! :)

Anonymous said...

Where's the beer?? I think he better request the beer at the next game..

Me!!

Lisa said...

Okay, I bite: Who's "Me!!"? Is that you again, Mom, or maybe Lana??

Anonymous said...

Nope. Not 'Me'.

The mystery continues....

I know my name and I'm not afraid to use it!

Anonymous said...

Based on some investigation, I think "Me" could be Aunty Lindsay, perhaps?

Anonymous said...

NO, IT'S NOT AUNTY LINDSEY, WHOEVER SHE IS. KEEP GUESSING!!!

ME