Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Why I Love/Hate Molly May




Tonight I was speaking on the phone with my mother-in-law downstairs while I was organizing the Christmas decorations that are kept under the staircase. The girls were running around downstairs, as per usual nowadays. When I got off the phone, Sami was sitting under the stairs looking up, and Molly was nowhere to be found. Then I heard her crying. Then I heard sounds from inside the walls. Yes, you read that right. My cat was INSIDE. THE. FREAKING. WALLS!! And where's my husband when I really need him? Oh, that's right, in Hinton. I start almost hyperventilating as I'm calling her name and frantically dialing Ryan's cell. Then I can hear her walking on the duct work. There's banging coming from inside the duct work. I'm trying to tell Ryan that she's in the duct work and he's telling me there's no way she could be in the duct work. Oh, but she was. I followed the sound of her footsteps to the mechanical room, which we keep closed off because she got on top of the duct work in that room before because we didn't put a ceiling in the mechanical room. So as I'm telling Ryan she's in the duct work and he's telling me she's not, I hear a bang. Oh, great. Now Molly's in the furnace. See, this is the I hate Molly part. Again Ryan's telling me she can't possibly be in the duct work/furnace, and I'm like, So why is she pushing the air filter out of the furnace as we speak and I can see her tail??? So I proceed to take the cover off of the furnace and remove Bad Molly. After that ordeal, the entire basement is now closed off to the cats once again, and once again, Molly's managed to ruin the fun for everyone. The top pictures are of her post-bath, because you know, the inside of a furnace is a little dusty, and the bottom pictures are of the small hole in the ceiling that she got into, a full view and a close-up shot. Let's just say that when Ryan comes home, the #1 priority is getting the door put on under the staircase. What a great way to spend a birthday! At least it didn't happen while I was at work or in Calgary or Edmonton for the day or on holidays or you name it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello: I was just reading you blog again. I can't believe that any cat would be such a jumper. I can see that you must had a panic attack.

Someone from your past